Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recovery CD error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 calval61

calval61

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

I was in the middle of the recovery process on my desktop computer using the recovery CDs that I have used before and the 2nd CD stops at 91% with an error that says "Cannot copy X:\WINDOWS\I386\1394VDBG.IN_I " with the options to "retry" or "ignore"  if I click ignore it continues to list more files that in cannot copy and if I click Retry it will not copy the file and won't go any further. So now when turn off my computer and back on it says "windows cannot start because of an error in the software. Please report this as : load need DLLS for kernel.

This is a Compaq computer running XP. 

I have searched Google but cannot find any help.

Would appreciate any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

My first assumption would be...that the CDs are dirty or damaged.  So I would try to burn new copies of them to new disks...and then retry.

That's my standard solution for inability of any install disk to function properly.

And...if the disk cannot be burned to new media because something cannot be read/copied...that indicates that the disk used is/was the problem.

Louis

#3 calval61

calval61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Thank you but I already burned and used a different CD and it does the same thing,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users