Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Requires detailed instructions for RUN TIME ERROR 713

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hello. How are you doing? I'm attempting to fix a Run Time Error 713 for a program I downloaded called ECCSIM which is an Extra-Corporeal circulatory support simulator. The instructions were given below by another friend. I do not own the set of instructions that is listed below and I want to specify that. I'm using Windows 7. I have the MSSTD file on my computer. I've tried to put it in System  64 as was instructed and when I did that, I Selected Cut, and then pasted the file which he sent me to System 64 as specified and Keep in mind, I did not copy the file to system 64. I selected CUT, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference, because I always thought you had to select CUT to move a file from one place to another and did not think COPY would work.

So could somebody explain to me IN PROFOUND DETAIL what to do to carry out the instructions that are listed below? I DO NOt own THEN iNSTrucTIoNS I was given, so the writing below IS NOT MY OWN.

INSTRUCTIoNS----

The solution is following.

1) copy MSSTDFMT.DLL to c:\Windows\System32 folder.
2) Turn on command prompt in the accesary group of start menu of WIndows.
3) Input "regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\MSSTDFMT.DLL" and execute it.
4) If "success" message appear, the problem might be solved.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Said program doesn't even have a support FAQ posted...which is a sign that I would not be fooling around with it.

Bad coding is too prevalent to use a program without any support vehicle for it, IMO.

Louis

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

I googled 'ECCSIM' to find out what on earth it is. I now have some idea, even if I am not 100% certaiin what a 'perfusionist' is, but I gather it is a simulator for training the operators of things like dialysis machines.

I did NOT go and download the software - at least in part because I have no interest in the field - but the couple of web-sites I looked at suggest it is perhaps not in finalised form, possibly a 'beta' version.

However, if the installer is a normal .exe or .msi type, the normal procedure would be to download the file to some location where you can find it, then run it to install the application. There are at least two ways to do this. If you have the 'Run' command on your Start menu, click 'Run', click 'Browse', browse to wherever you saved the file, select it, click 'OK', click 'Run' and the installer should start running. You will have the normal UAC screen to get past before it starts to run.

The other way is to open 'Windows Explorer', browse to where you saved the file, and double click on it. This will usually start it running. You will again meet the UAC screen.

You may then be asked where you want the installation to go. the normal choices are 'Program Files' for 32 bit software and 'Program Files (x86)' for 64 bit software. From that point on, the installation should proceed automatically and come up with a message saying 'Finished' or words to that effect.

If the installer is a 'beta' as well, ie not a fully de-bugged market ready product, it may not install everything where it should go !  In which case you may have to move some files yourself.

If you can find this file 'MSSTDFMT.DLL' using Windows Explorer, then you can move it to the 'Windows\System 32 folder' by either 'Copy / Paste' or 'Cut / Paste' or by using 'Drag and drop'. If all of this is taking place on the same hard drive, then 'Drag and drop' and 'Cut / Paste' are identical in their effects - you move the file from one place to another. 'Copy / Paste' leaves a copy of the file in its original position.

I have never heard of 'running' or 'executing' a .dll file, but they usually need to be in the correct place and the System 32 folder is as likely a place as any.

I think, and only think, that your friend means that you should ensure the this fiile is in the System 32 folder, and then try running the application again.

I  hope this provides some clarification, but the author's web-site - which I think is a Japanese University - may provide more info.

Louis has just made a reply to this, which you may well wish to heed !

Chris Cosgrove

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

I wonder IF MSSTDFMT.DLL is some sort of "Crack"  I used to visit sites where you downloaded a prog then after install you had to copy/paste a file to someplace/somefolder in order to make it activated. I quickly learned a hard lesson.  If thats what it is get rid of the file the prog and maybe see about cleaning your pc.

I may be wrong but legit progs that run on Windows do not need this or that copied here or there

Also who made this dll where did you get it? A friend? how safe is it what will it do to your pc?

Call me paranoid if you like but I wouldnt run it.

Edited by NickAu1, 05 February 2014 - 02:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users