Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having trouble uninstalling Kasperky's Antivirus 2012

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue_wolf

Rogue_wolf

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hello there. I have a dell vostro 1500 laptop that I installed Kaspersky's Antivirus 2 months ago, but now it seems that due to the age of the laptop and the lack of RAM memory, it is slowing down and eventually freezing my computer. I have tried uninstalling it, but the first time I did it only froze the commputer again. Now when I try again, a dialog box pops up that says "this works only for validly installed programs", even though it still shows up on the program list. Is there anyway to remove this?  Message me back if you require more information.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Hello -

How to uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012?

You do not give a great deal of detail on why it will not uninstall.

Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions (only post the link)

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Anti-virus software components insert themselves into the operating systems core and create files/folders/registry entries in various locations. It is not uncommon for some anti-virus programs to not completely uninstall itself using the the shortcut in it's All Program's Program folder or the usual method of Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Control Panel. In many cases anti-virus vendors provide clean-up utilities on their web sites to remove remnants left behind after unintalling or for a failed uninstall.

If normal removal methods do not work use the Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products (kavremover) - Be sure to follow the instructions provided on the same page
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Still have problems with the application uninstallation?

If uninstallation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 some problems appeared or the process ends with an error, create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky Account service.

In the request describe your problems in all details and attach screenshots of errors and a report created using the GetSystemInfo utility.

These details are listed on the linked page.

My removal links were specific to Kasperky's Antivirus 2012, and not general Kaspersky programs.

Use the 2012version first, and then use general removal versions later -

#5 Rogue_wolf

Rogue_wolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

Thank you Aussi adict! it seems like the first solution you suggested has the problem under control. I just downloaded it, followed the instructions on the page, and voila! The program is no longer eating up all my RAM & freezing my computer. I guess you wont be requiring the specs on my laptop after-all. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users