Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Officejet 8500 plus A910

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xendistar

xendistar

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

I am trying to find some drivers for the above Office jet printer, I have downloaded the correct drivers from HP but when I try to install them it says I have the wrong OS (I am after 2008R2 64bit ) The error message it gives when I try to install states that these drivers it is trying to install is for XP 32bit. It seems as though somebody at HP has linked the wrong file to the drivers. I have asked on the HP Forum but have had noreplies.

I have had a look around via google but most sites I have found only have links backed to the HP web site and thus the wrong drivers.

Does any know of a web site that has an archive of drivers where I might be able to download the correct drivers. I am only after the basic drivers (there is a full install set as well) or does anybody have a CD they no longer need?

Tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Is this the driver you are looking for?

#3 xendistar

xendistar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Thats the basic driver which I downloaded and when I tried to install it, it gave me the error saying about being for XP 32 bit (I have the error saved on another PC which I don't have access to at the moment) despite it being listed for 2008R2 64bit

Edited by xendistar, 04 February 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

I downloaded the driver and extracted the files to a folder. The inf files that were in the folder did have reference to 64bit but it also had reference to 32bit XP so I am assuming that is what is throwing the driver off when you are trying to install. Editing the inf files to remove any reference to 32bit may be an option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users