Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A little help with my browser settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Catkarina

Catkarina

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

So I noticed that when my brother in law was here last he checked his google account on my computer. Now google thinks I am him and has decided that no matter what google account I use, he is the default user. It is very annoying. I tried going to the google support site to try and see how to change this but I could not find anyone asking this question and every time I try to ask the question myself, no matter how many times I try to log in as myself, the prompt for his log in still comes up. So I can't find the answer and I can't ask the question and god forbid google answer the phone. So how the bleep do I change the default email or, even better, not have any default email in my browser. Oh, and I'm using Mozilla Firefox. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hi Catkarina welcome to BP. Please give this a try.

Here’s how you can change the default email client in Firefox the email service of your choice.

Step 1: Click on Options from the drop down menu under the big orange Firefox button (this is in version 4 and onwards. In previous versions of Firefox, it is under Tools at the top) .

Firefox-Opion1.png

Step 2: Navigate to Applications tab and select your appropriate mail client for the mailto: content type. Gmail and Yahoo Mail are available in the list by default and will open the compose windows for the logged-in client.

Firefox-Application.png

Step 3: If you use any other desktop client like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird as your default mail application you need to provide the  .exe ( Mail client executable file) under the Use Other… option.

select-mail-application.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users