Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC won't boot, not sure if it's a BIOS issue or if Mobo can't boot w/o keyboa

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reptar331

Reptar331

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

Motherboard:Asus M5A78L-M LX
Processor- AMD phenom II
GPU: EVGA GtX 550TI
2 sticks of ram 4 gigs each.
650 Watt Nuetron Power Supply

I have tried pluginng in three keyboards at the same time on every single USB slot available on my Mobo and Case. I have tried removing each ram stick and booting but still get the same keyboard error. The speaker on the Mobo lets out one long beep followed by four short beeps. My Mobo has a slot that fits PS/2 keyboards and I'm buying one today to see if that would make any difference. Any suggestions or anyone ever go through this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

The one long and two short were discussed recently it is a video fault, if you on board pull the video card.  If you do not have a card not sure about where to go.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

See http://support.asus.com/Troubleshooting/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=M5A78L-M%20LX&os=&no=978 .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users