Please read This topic.
As quietman7 points out, many minor "infections / scams" are due to Plug-Ins and Extensions.
I have found that the Extensions etc, are where a lot of these minor problems are.
These are the two most common solutions to eliminating the pop-up ads.
Find the Browser that is used (or causing the problem) and it works.
1. Open your browser and disable (uncheck) all extensions.
Make a list, then one by one, re-enable each extension to see if the pop-ups start appearing again with that particular extension.
Once you identify the responsible extension...permanently remove it but let me know which one it was so I can update the above list.
* How to Disable Extensions in Google Chrome - How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome
* How to Disable Extensions and Plugins in Firefox - How to Remove Extensions/Uninstall Plugins in Firefox
* How to Disable Extensions in Internet Explorer
* How to Disable Add-ons/Extensions in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
* How to Disable all add-ons in Firefox, Internet Explorer
2. If needed - Create a new browser user profile.
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Google Chrome
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Firefox
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
I have posted these resets for a few problems, and then just used avast! toolbar cleanup, with AdwCleaner by Xplode, and Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu for the clean up.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM) is always ideal for other heavy infections, but by cleaning Extensions and Plug-Ins many of the problems are removed
You will be surprised how many bits are removed with these simple steps -
Anything much more is better handled by the Malware Removal Team.