Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

broke open c virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 geochick

geochick

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

I've been told I have broken-open-C virus or something along those lines, on my computer (apparently it infected someone else's and the tech support removing it from their computer said it was on mine).   I've ran malwarebytes and Microsoft security essentials, one came up with three problems, the other detected none.  my computer is still slow, so I'm thinking it didn't get everything.  So I ran gmer; it didn't come up with anything. I am NOT a technologically savvy person, nor do I have the available cash to be throwing around big bucks for someone else to do this, or purchase software. I did run spy-hunter, and it came up that I had  207 issues, with 15 infections, then asked for $30.  it still keeps giving me pop-ups and is the first program ran when I log in, so I'm half suspecting it's not a nice program.  Any help and guidance, in non-techno speak (baby steps) would be greatly appreciated.  if it turns out I do have to pay for anti-viral software, I guess I have to, but I'd rather go DIY first.

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 04 February 2014 - 08:08 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ITGeekGirl

ITGeekGirl

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

There's a couple programs i can recommend that never fail me in removing malware: CCleaner and SuperAntiSpyware. You can download both on filehippo for free. Run CCleaner first, as it will make the scan go so much faster if it doesn't have to scan a bunch of temporary internet files. This will also help clean up your computer a bit. Run a complete scan in SuperAntiSpyware with high boost. You won't be able to do anything on the computer while it scans, but it will help it scan faster.

I'll keep an eye on this post to see if you need any other help :)

#3 geochick

geochick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Thank you!  I'll give it a try tonight.  :warrior:   

#4 ITGeekGirl

ITGeekGirl

• Members