Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Internet Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 VehementDenial

VehementDenial

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

So, for some reason, I can access anything through Chrome or I.E. normally (indeed, this website, social networking sites, etc, etc) but oddly enough none of the many internet games I play can get through. Titles included are WarFrame, Blacklight:Retribution, FFXIV, and several others I've tried. After trying two speed testing sites, I'm getting around 5-7mbps down, normal up speeds as well. I'm not sure how exactly ONLY video game launchers and access to online gaming servers could all be affected and the normal browser still working just fine?

The games have all worked, previously, are not all on a shared platform (like Steam or Origin), and there hasn't been a change in I.P. address. I also can only assume that the ports they're using are all the same (I've made no changes, and the games haven't updated/reinstalled/anything else). 

Thanks guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users