Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

couldnt use any keyboard with bootable usb-stick

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 proffa

proffa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

I used sardu to do bootable usb-stick.. All kind rescue cd, linux-mint, hirens cd and so on..

i Changed boot order from my computer (e6300, 4gig ram, win xp pro, p5b deluxe wifi-ap,) and 

got bootable sardu menu. Then i tried to use keyboard and choose option.. my keyboard didnt worked.

Then i boot again and again.. same problem. I took stick off and try to boot normally... i couldn't go to bios cause my keyboard.. I change other keyboard.. same thing..  I also try to put winxp cd in if it helps but because boot order, it never load. i also try to take power cable off.. nothing.. Only thing helped when i took bios battery away and back. Then i get my keyboard back..

If this trick wasn't help me, have i any other options to do then? Take my ide with me and try to save my files?

I also get wierd site info when trying go to www.google.fi, or www.google.com.

p1837.jpg

heh, i just understand that when i took bios battery i way, thats reason why i get security warning.. because of date.. 2002..

Edited by proffa, 04 February 2014 - 05:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

If the date on your system...in the BIOS...reflects 2002...then you probably need to replace the CMOS battery, then reset the date/time in the BIOS and save the changes by hitting F10.

Louis

#3 proffa

proffa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

If the date on your system...in the BIOS...reflects 2002...then you probably need to replace the CMOS battery, then reset the date/time in the BIOS and save the changes by hitting F10.

Louis

really? I remove bios battery because i couldn't do anything else to get my computer booting right with my keyboard. When i booted, i think its normal that you have wrong date (cause move bios-battery) there your win desktop (down and right corner), then i double click that and correct year and time? is there any options to do if that battery removing didn't work. now it worked? thx..   Sorry my language, i am from Finland..

Is there any other way to reset bios somehow? jumpers maybe. Now i had to remove my gpu to get bios battery out.. I hope that newer bios is lot of easier to fix problem situations..

Edited by proffa, 04 February 2014 - 05:09 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

Don't worry about language...the use of proper language has degraded severely (looked at any text messages, lately?) and you've posted clearly enough for me to take a guess :).

Removing the battery and putting it back in...will not be of any value if the battery is dying.  A CMOS battery for a desktop costs less than $5 and is a cheap way of solving various problems that occur with a system that has a dying CMOS battery.

System manufacturer and model?  Is this a laptop or a desktop?

Louis

#5 proffa

proffa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

What my problems indicates that i have lack of energy bios-battery?

i have desktop. Antec 180, e6300 1.8ghz, asus p5b deluxewifi-ap (American Megatrends bios), asus eah5450silent gpu. 4gig value ram. Corsair power cx( i now that not so good elko (capacitor)

Now i understand that bios-battery thing http://superuser.com/questions/119173/my-bios-datetime-is-resetting-to-2002-what-should-i-do

Edited by proffa, 04 February 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

:thumbup2: .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users