It's Yahoo being Yahoo, has nothing to do with your phone/iMac
Here's a temp workaround until they get the problem fixed. It won't be as fast as the imap, but it will work as a temp work around until the imap gets fixed.
You could also just use the web browser and view your emails.
- Incoming mail server settings:
- POP server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Use SSL
- Port: 995
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings:
- SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Use SSL
- Port: 465
- Use authentication
- Email address: Your Yahoo! Mail email address (for example,firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password
- Account name/sign-in name: Your Yahoo! ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com" at the end; for example, "jo.bloggs")
Don't forget to go into smtp setting and add the username and password there if you want to send mail After yahoo gets the imap issue fixed, just disable this account in mail settings to use as a backup in case yahoo imap goes down again.
Edited by chrisd87, 10 March 2014 - 01:40 PM.