Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port 993 timed out

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kboaz2001

kboaz2001

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

I am running an iMac, and every time I try to delete my bulk mail, I get the message "The connection to the server imap4-rr.mail.us.am0.yahoodns.net on port 993 timed out." Any ideas how to fix this?

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 10 March 2014 - 02:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kboaz2001

kboaz2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Every time I try to delete my bulk mail on my iMac, I get the following message:

# 0f messages could not be moved to the mailbox “Trash-Yahoo!”

The connection to the server “iamp4-rr.mail.us.am0.yahoodns.net” on port 993 timed out

Any Idres?

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Every time I try to delete my bulk mail on my iMac, I get the following message:

# 0f messages could not be moved to the mailbox Trash-Yahoo!

The connection to the server iamp4-rr.mail.us.am0.yahoodns.net on port 993 timed out

Any Idres?

Have you tried contacting Yahoo?

The first thought would be that it is an issue on Yahoo's end.

The other option if you have the Yahoo email account setup as an IMAP account is to delete it and then set it up again. If it is an IMAP account, you will not lose any messages as part of this process. DO NOT do this if you have it setup as a POP email account.

#4 gobucks1211

gobucks1211

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

I'm having the same problem.  Any ideas?

#5 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

It's Yahoo being Yahoo, has nothing to do with your phone/iMac

Here's a temp workaround until they get the problem fixed. It won't be as fast as the imap, but it will work as a temp work around until the imap gets fixed.

You could also just use the web browser and view your emails.

• Incoming mail server settings:
    • POP server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    • Use SSL
    • Port: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings:
    • SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    • Use SSL
    • Port: 465
    • Use authentication
  • Email address: Your Yahoo! Mail email address (for example,jo.bloggs@yahoo.com)
  • Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password
  • Account name/sign-in name: Your Yahoo! ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com" at the end; for example, "jo.bloggs")

Don't forget to go into smtp setting and add the username and password there if you want to send mail  After yahoo gets the imap issue fixed, just disable this account in mail settings to use as a backup in case yahoo imap goes down again.

Edited by chrisd87, 10 March 2014 - 01:40 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#6 gobucks1211

gobucks1211

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

This seems to be an issue with Mac mail.  I had the same problem.  However, when I went directly to Yahoo mail from Safari, I was able to delete all the trash and bulk emails.  Don't know what the Mac mail fix might be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users