Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Probable Asprox botnet, Kuluoz/Dofoil, Help Please!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

I am thoroughly familiar with the risks of clicking on E-Mail attachments but I clicked on one before engaging the brain.  The E-Mail appears to be a classic Phishing scam, this one says you must be in court at a certain time and date as a defendant in an illegal software dispute.  I was angry and clicked on the attachment to see what it was about.  Well absolutely nothing happened on my machine and I am hopeful one of my security programs may have stopped it but I have my doubts. Last night I allowed a HP recommended BIOS update recommended by HP.  This morning I got two message from the HP support assistant.  One stating I was running out of space on drive C and that an earlier version of Windows was taking up space.  Both absolutely incorrect.  Interesting as my laptop Windows was updated from 8 to 8.1 recently.

So I have run full scans of SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes Pro & Norton 360.  All have been completely clean.

Laptop is fairly new HP ENVY I7 gen 4 with 16 GB of RAM.

I am not sure if my machine might be sending out E-Mail scams or

I am thoroughly familiar with the risks of clicking on E-Mail attachments but I clicked on one before engaging the brain.  The E-Mail appears to be a classic Phishing scam, this one says you must be in court at a certain time and date as a defendant in an illegal software dispute.  I was angry and clicked on the attachment to see what it was about.  Well absolutely nothing happened on my machine and I am hopeful one of my security programs may have stopped it but I have my doubts. Last night I allowed a HP recommended BIOS update recommended by HP.  This morning I got two message from the HP support assistant.  One stating I was running out of space on drive C and that an earlier version of Windows was taking up space.  Both absolutely incorrect.  Interesting as my laptop Windows was updated from 8 to 8.1 recently.

So I have run full scans of SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes Pro & Norton 360.  All have been completely clean.

I am not sure if my machine might be sending out E-Mail scams or banking schemes.

I really need some help, especially on what actions I should be taking right now.

Thanks,

Randy

ossibly

banking schemes.

I really need some help, especially on what steps to be taken right now.

Thanks,

Randy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users