Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

You will not believe your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Truly Amazing!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=566075863484336

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MissLizz

MissLizz

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

I agree.  It is truly amazing.  Another amazing video can be seen at Animusic Pipe Dream.   Google this and take your pick of YouTube.  There's Animusic 1 and Animusic 2, all computer animation.

#3 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Although this does seem innocent and amazing, it's a case of animal abuse.  From snopes.com:

The training process is called the 'pajaan' or 'crush' and is centuries old and is used throughout Asia today. It involves taking a 3-year-old baby from its mother's side and roping it into a small bamboo cage in which it cannot move except to breathe. Of course the elephant fights for its freedom and is beaten, poked with sharp bamboo, starved, dehydrated, and sleep-deprived until it submits to its captors' demands. The process may take a week, depending on how long it takes to 'crush' the elephant's spirit. About 50% of the babies die from the process and the survivors are left with physical and emotional scars for the rest of their lives.

Edited by Ted Striker, 03 February 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the link definitely takes the edge off!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

i guess it is abuse. damn. i feel like crap now, cuz my first thought was OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! not THAT'S TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!

(i still think it's an amazing example of how deeply we underestimate animal intelligence...)

SETUP, as of 4/14 - Case: Corsair 900D full tower, PSU: corsair 1200 watts, MB: ASUS rampage IV extreme, GPU(s): 3 X Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 hydro copper classified in 3-way SLI , RAM: 64 GB corsair dominator platinum DDR3, CPU: i7 3970X extreme edition @ 3.5 GHz (hexacore), OD: ASUS blu-ray RW, Cooling: EK liquid system, incl. EK waterblock, EK fittings, EK pump, resevoir, coolant misc., generic tubing, Audio: Creative sound blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Fatal1ty Champion sound card, Storage: SSD/HD: 2 X 240 GB samsung SSD (OS - win 7 pro), 1 TB caviar black, 4 TB caviar blue.

#6 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

OK. Let's hear something from locals. lol

<------ See my Location at the left. :P

IMHO, this is not abuse and can be consider as very normal. This is very soft compare to the situation that people take elephant on the road, walk all day and hope that someone will buy him food, this one is real abuse and illegal.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users