Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to use no-ip for wanscam HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frank T 112

Frank T 112

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

For some time I have been trying to use no-ip for the address to view my cameras (3) my IP changes a lot can someone show me what I need to fill in both on the camera itself and the address to use to see them online away from my home, I am registered with no-ip as xxxxxxcamera.no-ip.org

Thanks for any help

I have XP and use IE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

in the settings on the camera, you will have a spot to fill in ddns. You would fill in the blanks according to your setup on no-ip.com. However, as you stated you have a dynamic IP address you will need to download their update client that keeps your ip address in sync with your account.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 Frank T 112

Frank T 112
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

I have done all of that my question is what exactly do I fill in on th camera is user and password what I use to log in to no-ip and is host the name I have xxxxxxxxxx.no-ip.org  do I put a colon and then the port # I have tried all combinations to no avail.  I just need an example

on edit  this is a Wanscam  camera on th DDNS service settings I have a problem changing the settings I delete and change them after the camera resets i still show the old settings even after I delete them and leave everything blank can they be changed without reseting the entire camera and starting from the beginning?

Edited by Frank T 112, 04 February 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

There is a topic already made about that camera which can be found here .

As far as the settings not being saved, are you clicking the submit button to make sure the settings stick?

DDNS Service Settings DDNS is used for you to view your camera from Internet, what you need to do is to set DDNS for your camera, and do port forwarding in your router. At the bottom of the camera, there is a label, where some useful information can be found there, such as camera's username, remote address, DDNS password, such as: http://g7090.vipcam.org. Choose ""DDNS Service Settings", input DDNS Service, DDNS User,DDNS Password, submit it. For example :DDNS service:vipcam.org    DDNS user:g7090   DDNS password:683786 If "Device Status" shows that "vipcam successed", that means DDNS Service Settings is succeed.

The second thing you need to do is port forwarding in your router, login your router, and input the camera IP address and port.

Then the DDNS will come to work, take effect.

As far as the ddns url goes, lets say that you made a ddns entry and called it my-camera.no-ip.org. You would simply type http://my-camera.no-ip.org into a web browser and it would point to your camera as long as you had the correct ports open on the router and also your external ip address matched up to the ip address that is on the ddns account.

Edited by chrisd87, 04 February 2014 - 10:13 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users