Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet access, can ping sucessfully, but no browsers will display any pages

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hello everyone, I'm having a peculiar problem that I can't figure out. A few days ago I hopped on my laptop, opened firefox, and noticed that I was getting page cannot be displayed or whatever for all my tabs. I checked, and aparently I am connected with internet access. This is the same in IE and chrome. I can ping successfully with no problems, as well as check for windows updates. I cannot, however, get updates for other programs such as MBAM. I should note that in safe mode with networking, everything works fine. I can browse in any browser, get updates for any programs, and do whatever. But as soon as I boot normally I have problems.

Things I have tried so far:

Ran virus / malware scans with...
JRT
Hitman Pro
MBAM
ComboFix
Norton
ADW Cleaner

Checked router / modem
Troubleshoot network from windows
Reinstall drivers
winsock reset
ipconfig release / renew
Flush DNS
Checked proxy settings on all broswers
Make sure ipv4 and ipv6 was set to detect automatically
Tried typing the ping ip for google and other sites directly into the address bar
Checked for toolbars / addons

I'm stumped guys. I'm guessing the culprit is a virus but I honestly have no clue. Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users