Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strike-zonefishing.com blocked on my pc

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gottuhaveit

gottuhaveit

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

I have the strangest situation happening with my pc and I do not understand why or how to fix it. A couple weeks ago I accessed strike-zonefishing.com with no issues and added some items to my cart with ease to purchase at a later date. Today I have tried many ways to access this site with firefox, IE, Google Chrome, Safari with all the same result. A page comes up saying connection was reset.

strike-zonefishingcomnotconnecting_zps21\

I took a screenshot of the page. Now I used a website for unblocking sites and it does open up the site but the page is not correct when it opens it but I do not understand why I would need to unblock a site such as this anyway. As I stated already I have been on this site several times and even created an account and put items in my cart but now I cannot access the site without going thru some other unblocking site. I have also cleared all my cookies and history etc......... but still get the same result. I just cannot fugure out why this 1 site is blocked. It is the only site I am having issues with out of all the sites I visit and the site is not a harmful site in any way at all. I sure would appreciate it if someone could help me out with this situation. Thank you kindly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,754 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:24 AM

It could be they are working on their server, you say it is a good site give it some time.  My club site went down for a couple days many panicked thinking the worst, it displayed some odd pages but was fine when it came back up.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

If this is the site...Strike-Zone Fishing......It is a legit site for a Florida store.

Try using this tool first: Windows Repair (All In One)

If the problem is on your comp that usually repairs the problem. If not, you should next try using a different DNS server.

I've used OpenDNS for a few years. 208.67.222.222   208.67.220.220

Change your DNS Server in Windows 7 [How to] | Windows 7 | Windows Tools, Help & Guides

You could also try powering off (resetting) your router and modem...wait a minute...power back on.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 gottuhaveit

gottuhaveit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

I tried the all in one repair and it did not fix the issue but I don't use the site on a regular basis and changing the dns server seems like a bit to much for only 1 web site. I have no idea why it is being blocked at all and it just has me stumped. What is the difference between the server I am now using and the openDNS server. Does it allow you to go to all the sites, even sites that are blocked by my isp? I thought that my isp blocked the site for some reason but I know that is not the case because my brother has the same isp and it works at his house and he lives just a few miles from me. I just wished there was a way to fix not being able to go to the site thru firefox like I did a couple weeks ago. Thanks for all your help and if you have any other suggestions that might fix the site being blocked besides changing the dns server that would really be great.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,608 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Did you try doing this....You could also try powering off (resetting) your router and modem...wait a minute...power back on.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 green_orange

green_orange

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

First thing I would ask you to do is to Ping the site to see if there will be any requests. This will help us know where the error is.

Open a "Run" window.

Paste in it the following:

ping strike-zonefishing.com -t

You will either get requests as follows:

Pinging strike-zonefishing.com [IP here] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from [IP here]: bytes=32 time=197ms TTL=47
Reply from [IP here]: bytes=32 time=250ms TTL=47
Reply from [IP here]: bytes=32 time=257ms TTL=47
Reply from [IP here]: bytes=32 time=256ms TTL=47

(this means that the site is totally accessible from your pc and the problem is with the browsers)

Or, it will tell you that Host is unreachable or Ping timed out or some other error msg...

(this means that the Hosts file could be edited or there is something wrong with the connection).

Reply with your results so that we can act accordingly :)

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,754 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Have you dumped the DNS?  It can become corrupted its simple may just help

Click All Programs
Click Accessories
RIGHT-click on Command Prompt
Select Run As Administrator
In the command window type the following and then hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns

Edited by OldPhil, 04 February 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Hi -

If that is a Firefox or Chrome screen shot (they pick up all the garbage) then it is most likely just a Plug-In or Add-On that has attached itself to your browser.

Please read This topic from quietman7 on removal of these "general" items and how to reset your browser -

Pay attention to these listed items, depending on your browser and post back the results -

* How to Disable Extensions in Google Chrome - How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome
* How to Disable Extensions and Plugins in Firefox - How to Remove Extensions/Uninstall Plugins in Firefox
* How to Disable Extensions in Internet Explorer
* How to Disable Add-ons/Extensions in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
* How to Disable all add-ons in Firefox, Internet Explorer

#9 gottuhaveit

gottuhaveit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

Sorry for the delayed response guys and thanks for all the input. I have already tried removing the add-on and plug-in method and that did not work. I will run the ping and try dumping the dns as suggested to see what occurs. I will then post back the ping and my results after dumping the dns. What I don't understand is how it can be corrupt for just 1 simple site on my pc and no others, but I don't really understand a lot when it comes to stuff like this any way so I will try some of the suggestions given and let you all know what happens. Thanks again  Oh and firefox is my browser of preference just to let you know but as I already stated the site works on my brothers pc at another location with the same isp and using firefox as well. I also tried resetting the modem and router a few times and that did not work either.

strike-zonefishingcomping_zps21ce8ff3.jp

Here are the results from the ping. Like I said I don't know much about these things so what does this mean. As far as browsers I have tried many different ones with the exact same result so I don't know how all browsers would be having the same problem. I mentioned already all the browsers I have tried. I will try the dns flush next and see if that does the trick.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the man OldPhil. I flushed the dns as you suggested and wala the site popped right up as soon as I competed the procedure. I am always curious about things like this. What exactly did this do? It amazes me how easitly it fixed the issue for sure. It is always great to learning something new. I know I most likely won't use this very often but I will ad it to my pc fixes so that I will remember it should it ever occur again. Fantastic advice for sure and thanks to everyone for all the help in resolving my issue. To the mods this thread can now be marked as solved. Great job everyone and thanks once again.

Edited by gottuhaveit, 04 February 2014 - 03:09 AM.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,608 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

The first tool you ran...Windows Repair (All In One)  should have flushed the DNS cache among other things.

Glad you solved the problem....happy surfin'!

#11 gottuhaveit

gottuhaveit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

Well I have no clue why the repair tool did not flush DNS cache but I assure you I did run the tool completely and rebooted my pc and it was definitely a no go. But as we all know, no 2 computers are the same and everything does not always happen the way we think it should in every circumstance, what might work for 1 computer just might not work for another under the exact same situation using the exact same methods. The bottom line is the issue is resolved and I now am able to access the site normally and again I thank everyone for all the help and input that they provided. Surf's Up lmao

Edited by gottuhaveit, 04 February 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#12 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,754 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

I learned that from another fine member up here quite awhile back, it is easy so i do it reasonably often.  I can not thank many of these guys/gals enough, I help out by trying to pass on what I have learned.           

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users