Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Program that are not in the Control Panel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pat71896

pat71896

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

How do I uninstall a program that does not show up in the Program and Features of the Control Panel?

It is on the machine.

Thanks so much, Pat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Some programs do not place entries into the registry and thus don't need to be uninstalled, only deleted. Look in the program folder. Is there an "uninstall" file? If not, you can likely just delete it.  What is the name of the program?

#3 pat71896

pat71896
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

It is an embroidery file.  It creates fonts for machine embroidery.  Alphabet Xpress.  But I have had others like that.

I was simply concerned that something would be left behind to cause problems later.  I assumed - - that every program placed something in the Registry, in order to boot up.  I am not comfortable with working in the Registry. 

Thank you so much for your response!

Pat

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,612 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

There are programs that will leave a folder or file behind after the uninstall. I would just delete the file or folder if you no longer use the program.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

It is an embroidery file.  It creates fonts for machine embroidery.  Alphabet Xpress.  But I have had others like that.

I was simply concerned that something would be left behind to cause problems later.  I assumed - - that every program placed something in the Registry, in order to boot up.  I am not comfortable with working in the Registry. 

Thank you so much for your response!

Pat

You've chosen not to answer either of my questions so my ability to help is limited. But again, if it is not listed in Programs & Features you can very likely just delete the program folder.

#6 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

mate yu could allways use the WMIC commandline

open a command prompt with full admin rights and use this command below

wmic product get name | sort

if it is listed there then you can use the following command to un install it.

wmic product where name='VMware vSphere Client 5.5' call uninstall /nointeractive

Note i am just using vmware as an example. Another option is if it runs from the %localappdata% file path then right click the process in taskmanagfer and click properties to find where the .exe file is located, then just navigate there and see if there is an uninstall.exe file there.

#7 allstarpcrepair

allstarpcrepair

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

An easy program to use to uninstall programs not listed in control panel is Ccleaner... Install it, open it, then goto tools on the left side. It should default on Uninstall, there you can go through the list, it sometimes lists programs not listed in control panel's add/remove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users