Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Safety Master

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Evaly

Evaly

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

I can't get rid of Windows Safety Master on my laptop.  I followed the instructions given on this website up to Step 8.  When I reboot my laptop, the virus will not allow me to get on the internet to download the Malwarebytes program.  Steps 1 through 7 went as outlined, but after that I can't do anything on my laptop. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

Did you try Safe Mode with Networking?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Evaly

Evaly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

I was actually able to find another web page with a solution that bypasses having to download and install into the infected computer.  I put in a code in the Windows Safety master registration box which got me into my computer and then I downloaded the Malware program from Bleepingcomputer, and I am so far good to go.  Thanks for your help.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

p22003888.gif

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 roylisa

roylisa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

I am having the same problem.....still can't get online to download Malwarebytes.  Evaly- what did you have to do?

What webpage did you get solution from or can you provide me with the solution/code and instructions.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Thank you

Edited by roylisa, 08 February 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#6 Evaly

Evaly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

Okay - go to this website and follow the instructions. First, scroll down on the page and follow the instructions in OPTION 1, which gives you a code (I used 0W000 000B0 00T00 E0001) to register on the actual Safety Master page.  This lets you get in to your computer to download the Malwarebytes software.  Unfortunately, you have to really look at the options for downloading the Malwarebytes because they try to get you to download a bunch of other stuff you don't want - so pay attention to which "Download" button you click on and make sure you're getting Malwarebytes.  Then, after Malwarebytes is installed, do a Quick Scan and check all the boxes and have Safety Master removed.  I just noticed the other day that the icon for Safety Master was still on my computer, so I trashed that.  My computer works fine, I bought the Malwarebytes protection plan for my computer, too.

Here is the website: Good luck!  http://www.fixyourbrowser.com/how-to/remove-windows-safety-master-virus-working-removal-guide/

PS After doing all of that, I couldn't get back online because there was some problem with connecting to my proxy server (I don't even know what that is!) Anyway, my husband was able to figure that out and get that in order - so let me know if you have problems with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users