Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Safety Master

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Evaly

Evaly

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

I need to get rid of the Windows Safety Master on my laptop.  I used my desktop computer to download the reg/RemVines.reg file and have gone through Step 7 of the instructions.  The problem is that when I reboot my infected laptop, the malware will not allow me to do anything so I can't download the Malwarebytes from the link in Step 9.  I can't get into my browser to download it on my infected computer.  Any ideas?  I have Windows 7 by the way

Edited by Evaly, 02 February 2014 - 10:56 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

There are instructions here which instruct you in how to remove the Windows Safety Master.  The first step involves registering WSM, once that is done you should be able to use your browser to download Malwarebytes, these instruction suggest the use of it as well.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users