Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Damaged Ram Slot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 milzee

milzee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:03 AM

i finally got the computer working, but what happens is when i put a ram card into one of the two ram slots and i turn on the tower it doesnt do anything at all, i.e. the moniter / keyboard / mouse dont react at all, and the system only works when i take the card out of the damaged slot ... is there a way to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:20 AM

How did you determine that the problem is a faulty socket and not the module?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 milzee

milzee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:31 AM

the module was working in one slot and not the other ... and i fixed that problem now but another come up ... im trying to install a network card but everytime i plug in the card in a different PCI slot and then turn the computer on but it doesnt install anything. it doesnt even show signs of a network card. and i thought at first it was a faulty network card but i tried two different cards in all the 3 slots but none worked. 2 cards and they both werent detected by the system. how can i fix this?

Edited by milzee, 11 May 2006 - 07:36 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:54 AM

It would help if you would tell us what motherboard you are using, and what OS.

If you want to see just what is being recognized by your computer while it is operating, download Everest Home Edition, it's freeware, and will tell you most everything you want to know.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users