Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iMac OSX Version 10.5.8 upgrade Question. Please advise. Thanks!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 windummy

windummy

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Dear BC Community:

This Q is not for me. But, rather for a good friend who recently purchased a refurbished imac OSX Version 10.5.8 platform re-sold to him by Syracuse Universitry here in our area. As for me, I am IBM through and through. But, I know a lot of you peeps are Mac experts. Could you help me help my friend with his following (2) questions? He's probobly running Leopard (but I'm not sure). Like me, he is a musician but is not into professional DAW as I am in Windows for Microsoft.

#1.

When he goes to YouTube, strip banner appears prompting him to update Plug-in's that cycle 4-ever.

#2.

Installer asks for his password a/o Admin privs, etc. He says nothing works for down-load as he tries to follow instructions to these prompts. He is frustrated because he uses Google earth and also Movie Maker for iMac.

In closing, any thoughts?

All answers, suggestions and comments welcomed!

Thank you all so much!

Re,

windummy!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

You wouldn't know exactly which plugins are prompting him to update?

OS X: Changing or resetting an account password

#3 windummy

windummy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

You wouldn't know exactly which plugins are prompting him to update?

OS X: Changing or resetting an account password

Thanks Buddyme2:

As I indicated, he metioned download frustrations with Google Earth and Movie Maker for Mac. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the link you sent me resolves some, or all, of his dilemna. I just emailed it to him and will keep you posted.

Thanks again!

/MH~

#4 windummy

windummy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

Thanks Buddyme2:

It appears that the benefits of your link suggestion was helpful to my friend. Thank you so much for your expertise regarding this matter!

This thread should now be considered closed.

Respect,

/MH~

#5 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Glad to have helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users