Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Build and not sure I have the F_Panel connected right

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 opal1973

opal1973

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

The wires for the F Panel on this case don't say + or - except the two that specify.  I am not sure I have them connected right at all.  On the back of some, all I see is an arrow.  IS that supposed to be +?  This is my first build by myself and it won't power on except for a minute and the only thing I can think of is those may be plugged in wrong.  I do see the power button light and the LED for the DVD drive, but only for a second before it powers off, along with a fan.  That's it.  Funny thing is that I have fixed lots of other issues with computers and replaced parts, but I have never seen this issue before. 

Sorry hit enter before putting in the specs.

MOBO-  Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3, 760G chipset, AMD3+ socket, Micro ATX

CPU-  AMD FX Unlocked Black edition FX 4130, quad core, 3.8GHz, 8.0 MB Total Cache

PS-  Antec VP450

DDR3-  Kingston Hyper X 4GB (2x2GB) 1600

Seagate 1TB HDD

Basic DVD R/W DL

Edited by opal1973, 01 February 2014 - 08:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Some of the front panel connectors don't mind which way they are connected (Power switch, Reset switch).  The LED's do have to be connected up the right way though, or they won't work.

I would suggest checking your other connections too (double check the 8 pin ATX12V power lead is connected)

Check CPU fan is connected

Remove and reseat RAM firmly

If all good disconnect power and clear the CMOS by shorting the CLR_CMOS jumper

Try again

There is a possibility the CPU is not supported with the BIOS that's installed.  The board seems to have two versions, Revision 4.1 and Revision 5.  The Rev. 5 board is a blackish colour, while the 4.1 is blue.  In the earlier revision, the BIOS needs to be version F3 or newer to support the CPU you have.  The Rev. 5 board should work with it out of the box though.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 opal1973

opal1973
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Some of the front panel connectors don't mind which way they are connected (Power switch, Reset switch).  The LED's do have to be connected up the right way though, or they won't work.

I would suggest checking your other connections too (double check the 8 pin ATX12V power lead is connected)

Check CPU fan is connected

Remove and reseat RAM firmly

If all good disconnect power and clear the CMOS by shorting the CLR_CMOS jumper

Try again

There is a possibility the CPU is not supported with the BIOS that's installed.  The board seems to have two versions, Revision 4.1 and Revision 5.  The Rev. 5 board is a blackish colour, while the 4.1 is blue.  In the earlier revision, the BIOS needs to be version F3 or newer to support the CPU you have.  The Rev. 5 board should work with it out of the box though.

Ok, now I feel silly.  I completely forgot the ATX 12V Power Lead.  As soon as I read that, I knew what it was.  I guess I was so distracted with the F Panel, I missed it.  Thank you so much for posting this reply. 

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Glad I could help :)

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users