Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newly registered

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lynanne

Lynanne

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

Long-time computer user, a Senior, and truthfully not "into" exactly how a computer does what it does.  I just want it to do what I need it to do, which is mostly word-processing.  Not being all that savvy as to how computers work causes difficulties when problems do arise!  Makes it harder to reason my way out of them.  I am willing to put in the hours necessary to find and work through solutions.  Generally I've been successful over the years, but sometimes I reach a brickwall. 

Newspaper tech columnist Bill Husted recommended this site, in an Aug. 2013 article, as being "downright marvelous," so I've joined in hopes of getting help in order to deal with one of those brickwalls my research has failed to solve! Of course these things always come up just when one is in the midst of work that needs to be finished. 

I'm in the middle of formulating my post under Printers in the category I believe referred to here as "Other Devices."

I really appreciate all the volunteers who give of their time to help people like myself, especially on Super Bowl weekend!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users