Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not quite sure how to explain this.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AlexSmithFanning

AlexSmithFanning

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

Well, I was using Hiren's BootCD to defrag my entire 580GB HARD DRIVE (NOT Solid-State) late last night then I shut down my computer and rebooted to see how fast it would reboot (defraged system files too). But heres the weird thing, I started it back up again today (because it wasn't finished) and am using Defraggler to do it, and when it started back up on MiniXP it said that I had only used like 270GB. BUT, last night when I turned it off it said I had used 310GB! So I'm like, Oh no, Defraggler screwed something up. So I rebooted WITHOUT MiniXP and went into Windows Vista and everything worked! I don't know what happened, does defragmenting usually do that? Or is that bad? P.S. I also did a disk check for bad sectors blah blah with HD Tune so thats not the problem. I am just baffled, I want to know if defraggler is reading it wrong or what. 

EDIT: it seems that it might have lagged a bit last night when it was defragging. Because not more that 2 Min ago there was like a huge change in the appearance in boxes (the drive map) so it might just be lagging.

Edited by hamluis, 02 February 2014 - 11:43 AM.
Moved from Vista to All Other Applications - Hamluis.

I prefer Linux. Windows 10 is just to invasive for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users