Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome, Opera Lag, and Internet Slow on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Superman6661

Superman6661

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Right so lately the internet has been going slow and Chrome and Opera has also been a bit laggy especially when I visit sites like Facebook and Youtube, just laggy and slow. Also used CCLeaner but still the same.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

What is the manufacturer of modem & router you have, along with their model numbers.  How are you connecting to the connection, when you are seeing these slow load times?  Who is your ISP?  What are your speeds to the nearest testing server to you at either your ISP speedtest site, or speedtest.net?

#3 Superman6661

Superman6661
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

3276245641.png

I think it's the browsers thats laggy for whatever reason. 

Edited by Superman6661, 01 February 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

You have something else going on.  Again, in order to diagnose this, you need to answer all of my questions.

#5 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

What speed are you paying for?

Also, give us a speccy snapshot of your current setup

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#6 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

What speed are you paying for?

Also, give us a speccy snapshot of your current setup

This does not requre Speccy.  We need to concentrate on the speed issue.  They need to do a couple of Trace Routes & different Speedtests to some other testing servers.  You can easily get a bad speed test, but have nothing wrong with your connection

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Your speed test indicates Comcast is your ISP. Do you have ANY Comcast branded software installed?

#8 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

Your speed test indicates Comcast is your ISP. Do you have ANY Comcast branded software installed?

Comcast branded software is not going to be the problem.  The OP needs to run another speedtest from some other test server, or if they are a Comcast customer, go to http://www.speedtest.comcast.net, on whatever they are using.  The speedtest.comcast.net test will not work on an Android or iOS device.  Speedtest.net does have a mobile platform app.

Until the OP comes back, we are just going to be guessing at this point.

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Dear Greg, Comcast branded software is crap. Some of it has been known to cause all types of issues which clear up when the software is uninstalled. If none is installed it's a moot point. I asked a simple question which requires a simple answer from the OP. You ask YOUR questions, I will ask MINE.

#10 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

We are both asking the same thing. As for the Comcast software, there is nne of that anymore, that they load.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users