Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot boot Windows 7 from either source or cloned drive using EaseUs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Concordia88

Concordia88

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

Last night, I used the most updated free version EaseUs to clone from a 250GB Seagate HDD to a new OEM 1TB Seagate HDD.  I selected the turn off computer after finish option and left.  This morning, I removed the old HDD and try to boot from the new HDD.  It reached the windows that I can select which OS to boot (I created dual boot: windows 7 and window XP).  When I chose window 7, it reached the windows logo then restarted by itself.  I could boot to windows XP though.  I did try bootrec.exe to fix boot and brm but it didn't solve the problem.  Then I found the forum.  Attached is the scan file and chkdsk log I generated.  Please help. Thanks. 

Mod Edit:  Removedd FRST data, use of FRST is not allowed in this forum...FRST is a tool used in malware situations and yours does not appear to be such, IMO - Hamluis.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 01 February 2014 - 10:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

IMO, the simple fix would be to install EasyBCD in XP and edit the boot entries from it. It will detect both installs.

Can you see the Win 7 install partition from the XP Disk Management?

Did you install XP after Win 7 on your dual-boot setup when you established it?

Louis

#3 Concordia88

Concordia88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

There is no such problem before I used the EaseUS to clone my HDD.  I was able to run both Windows 7 and XP without any issue.  Now, both my source and cloned HDD can not be booted.  I guess the problem is the EaseUS. Any idea?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

EaseUs makes a variety of products....which one did you use?

I've used EaseUS Partition Master and have no experience with any of their other products.

You might try the EaseUS support forum, if you are searching for an answer as to why the software did not function as you thought it should, http://forum.easeus.com/viewforum.php?f=20 .

Louis

#5 Concordia88

Concordia88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Thanks Louis.

#6 Concordia88

Concordia88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

I found the solution from the following discussion.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139576-startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery.html

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

:thumbup2: , happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users