Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS URGENT

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Grizzly44

Grizzly44

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

I just built a computer and there is no display on the monitor and I did check all plugins in the computer and check if dvi is connected. I put the graphics card in my other computer and it worked, also I removed the RAM from the mother board and still no success. I believe it might be a mother board or CPU problem. if you do know what is wrong please help me this is urgent. here are the specs of the computer...

Graphics card: Radeon 7770
CPU: AMD FX-4130
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
PSU: 650 watt
RAM: 8GB Vengeance (1600mhz on each one both the same)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

When you boot the system up, do you hear any signs that the computer might be booting up minus the graphics on the computer screen?

Any POST beep sounds coming from the computer case?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Grizzly44

Grizzly44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

When you boot the system up, do you hear any signs that the computer might be booting up minus the graphics on the computer screen?

Any POST beep sounds coming from the computer case?

Bruce.

There are no beeps from the mother board and computer.

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

SO when you power up the system what exactly are you getting?

When you say you just built this computer, what was the condition of the major parts such as motherboard? In other words were these used parts from another system?

It helps if we have a better understanding exactly what we are dealing with here, since of course we can not see the hardware up close for inspection, nor do we know where the hardware originally came from.

The more we know about the hardware's history, the better idea and chance we have of helping you with your problem.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 Grizzly44

Grizzly44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

SO when you power up the system what exactly are you getting?

When you say you just built this computer, what was the condition of the major parts such as motherboard? In other words were these used parts from another system?

It helps if we have a better understanding exactly what we are dealing with here, since of course we can not see the hardware up close for inspection, nor do we know where the hardware originally came from.

The more we know about the hardware's history, the better idea and chance we have of helping you with your problem.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

The hardware is brand new and when i turn the computer on there are no beeps and its just a blank screen, the bios doesnt even show

#6 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

Have you tried using another monitor? Made sure the monitors settings are not the cause? And speaking of monitors what is the make and model number of the one you are currently connecting it to?

Bruce.

#7 Grizzly44

Grizzly44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

Have you tried using another monitor? Made sure the monitors settings are not the cause? And speaking of monitors what is the make and model number of the one you are currently connecting it to?

Bruce.

We have tried an HP 2211x monitor and an old dell monitor and two LED tv's

#8 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

If you have another computer, can you try that computer's video card in this computer system?

Did you make sure all power harnesses are hooked up? I do not know which version of the HD7770 you have, is there any signs of a power connector on the video card board beside a cooling fan connector?

What we need to figure out is if your Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P motherboard is defective or not. It does happen where new motherboards can be DOAs.

Did you make sure all the PSU to motherboard power connectors are hooked up? The 4 or 8 pin CPU power connector?

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 01 February 2014 - 02:41 AM.

#9 Grizzly44

Grizzly44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

If you have another computer, can you try that computer's video card in this computer system?

Did you make sure all power harnesses are hooked up? I do not know which version of the HD7770 you have, is there any signs of a power connector on the video card board beside a cooling fan connector?

What we need to figure out is if your Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P motherboard is defective or not. It does happen where new motherboards can be DOAs.

Did you make sure all the PSU to motherboard power connectors are hooked up? The 4 or 8 pin CPU power connector?

Bruce.

I made sure all connectors are in the card and yes I have tried the card in another computer and it does work but not in the one I just built also the fans on the cpu and graphics card are running so is the case fan. I guess the mother board is the issue

#10 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

Hang in there, let me pull up your motherboard's support pages into this forum topic and we'll work with it from there.

Bruce.

#11 Grizzly44

Grizzly44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

Hang in there, let me pull up your motherboard's support pages into this forum topic and we'll work with it from there.

Bruce.

ok thanks

#12 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:05 AM

For the record, I am adding Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P support to this topic.

http://www.gigabyte.bz/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4591&dl=1#ov

Bruce.

#13 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

So far I see your CPU is in fact supported.

AMD FX-4130 3800MHz 1MBx4 4MB Bulldozer 32nm B2 125W 5200 F1

Installation Manual:

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_installation_guide.pdf

Owners Manual:

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-970a-ds3p_e.pdf

Be with you shortly.

Bruce.

#14 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

Question, which PCIE slot do you have your video card in? X16 or X4?

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 01 February 2014 - 03:23 AM.

#15 Grizzly44

Grizzly44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

Question, which PCI slot do you have your video card in?

Bruce.

The first one which is the pci-e 2.0

Edited by Grizzly44, 01 February 2014 - 03:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users