Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tdsskiller says I have rootkit help pls?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 qooqoo

qooqoo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

Hi I have an older Toshiba laptop that had vista on it .I did a format and bought windows 8 .All went well and I installed I am writing from it now. i have tried with 7-8 malware rootkit programs to see if all was good,nothing much came up.I use tdsskiller from Kaspersky and that is the ONLY program that says i have a rootkit,it is not fixable so far with tdsskiller or any other program. I will put up  this below, could it be false and something left there from This Toshiba laptop? Thks

Verdict: HiddenService.Multi.Generic

[InfectedObject]
Type: Service
Name: 97668241
Type: File system driver (0x2)
Start: Boot (0x0)
ImagePath: system32\drivers\55233354.sys
Suspicious states: Hidden service;

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

Hello,

This is a problem with TDSSKiller itself and it should be fixed in the next build.

Check this out:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520462/tdsskiller-apparently-detecting-itself-as-a-rootkit/

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#3 qooqoo

qooqoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

Wow ok thks very much for that info,which means all is clear.Should i just re-install windows since i've been using 7-8 malware programs ,who knows what some of these programs changed or did to wondows or am I being too careful? Thks again very much

#4 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi,

I don't think that a format is needed especially if the system is malware free. However keep in mind that powerful tools like TDSSKiller, Combofix, etc should be used only under guidance of a qualified expert or you could render your pc unbootable.

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users