CCleaner is not a "First line tool" for any infection, and I do not know how you used it.
Please download all listed tools to Desktop in the order listed, unless asked.
XP users should double click on tools to run them.
Vista, Win7/8 users Right click on the exe icon and select Run as administrator.
You may wish to print this page, and if you have any questions, please ask them.
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Please download MiniToolBox to run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will run for about 2 minutes
Please post the log back here.
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
If you have a copy of this on your desktop, open it and hit the Uninstall button and install a fresh version.
* Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
I would like you to use the ESET OnlineScanner -
This is best done with Internet Explorer, as it uses ActineX with the scan
However alternate directions are left for thise that will not use Internet Explorer
Please read and follow How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus during the scan.
1 / Hold down Control (Ctrl) key and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2 / Click the ESETOnliner Scanner button.
3 / For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
3.1 - / Click on This Link to download theExternal ESET Smart Installer.
3.2 - / Save it to your desktop.
4 / Double click on the icon on your desktop.
5 / Click the Start button.
6 / Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7 / Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8 / Click Advanced settings and select the following:
* Scan potentially unwanted applications
* Scan for potentially unsafe applications
* Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9 / ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this will take some time.
10 / When the scan completes, click List Threats
11 / Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12 / Click the Back button.
13 / Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
Finish with -
Clear Cache/Temp Files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
• Please double-click TFC.exe to run it.
• For Vista, Win 7 / 8 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator
• It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
• Click the Start button to begin the process.
• Once it's finished it may reboot your machine.
• If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.
No log is opened or expected for this -
Thank You -