Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperate for help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fudgenstein

fudgenstein

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

I came to this site from another one..i dl most of the tools for malware etc from the dl page...ever since then my computer has been trash.  Now my action center says there was an issue with my hard drive open to see the message, it will not open. it does the not responding crap now and never recovers says windows explorer needs to restart. when i go to shut down the computer now, it stays on the shutting down page and never shuts off. I silly me was under the impression that the tools provided here were to help not mess up my laptop. Anyone have any idea what i can do to fix this thing, resetting back to factory is not an option as i have 4 gigs of music that i cannot back up so please do not suggest that lol thanks. It there a tool that works out here somewhere that actually scans EVERYTHING in the computer windows files included and it can say hey this is what is wrong and here is how to fix it by chance?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 green_orange

green_orange

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

Hi there bro. I want to ask you a couple of questions:

1- Do u have access to another PC with internet and u have a spare USB stick?

2- If u can backup ur music, will u be able to normally restore to factory settings?

Answer those so that I can help you.

#3 fudgenstein

fudgenstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

no i do nto have access to another computer all i have is a 8 gig stick, can i compress to a zip file all the music and pictures i want to save along with my SAM broadcasting programs to the stick and save it? and how do i factory restore a hp laptop? thank you for your help

#4 green_orange

green_orange

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Look, you can download any live linux distro and burn it to a dvd or a USB stick then boot from it.

This Live Linux will make you browse your computer as if windows was working.

After that you can backup the files you want.

When you have backed up all, you can use your laptop's recovery. It should say in the manuals how to.

What is your laptop's model? (check its bottom)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users