Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

e mail icon

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sloboat

sloboat

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

does anyone know how to pin an icon to the taskbar in win7? I accidentally removed it & now I can't put it back. the icon I'm trying to get there is "outlook.com" email. thks, slo

Edited by Queen-Evie, 30 January 2014 - 06:15 PM.
moved from Mini guides and how-tos - Simple answers to common questions -Email Mini-Guides to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

1) Open up the page you want to pin to the taskbar. Copy the address of the page.

2) You will have to create a shortcut to the page on your desktop. The usual method of right clicking the page and choosing Create shortcut will not work because there will be no option to Pin to Taskbar.

In order to create the shortcut RIGHT click an empty space on your desktop, choose NEW then SHORTCUT.

Paste the address of the page in the box. DO NOT CLICK NEXT.

3) Go the beginning of the address. Type explorer, followed by a space (the space is important; without it, this procedure will not work) before the folder's path.

It will look like this (this is not the complete address. I am providing just enough of it so you will see explorer space https://

explorer https://login.live.com

4) Click next, give the shortcut a name.

5) Click Finish.

6) RIGHT click the new shortcut and choose Pin to Taskbar.

This method will work for anything that does not give you a Pin to Taskbar option. I've used this method many times and it works.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 30 January 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#3 stillgrey

stillgrey

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

simply when it is open it will be on the taskbar, right click it and pin to task bar

#4 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

thanks for the effort, I followed your instructions, but it created a "windows explorer" icon & it opens windows explorer/ docu-ments when clicked. any other ideas? slo

#5 stillgrey

stillgrey

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

well you can do what the bam dude said or if you open IE to the site you want, look in the address bar just to the left of whatever http://oultlook,com and there is a small icon.  You can drag that to the taskbar

#6 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

dragging & dropping into the taskbar doesn't work either. when it gets to the taskbar the circle with a slash through it displays & it won't drop. thanks anyway. slo 

#7 stillgrey

stillgrey

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

LOL...Well then make IE a window, drag it to the desktop, from there right click pin to taskbar

#8 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

you lost me there, (make a window of ie)?? no problem with ie, just trying to get my "outlook.com" icon back into taskbar.

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

thanks for the effort, I followed your instructions, but it created a "windows explorer" icon & it opens windows explorer/ docu-ments when clicked. any other ideas? slo

I think I know what happened. I know my instructions work for putting a specific document or document folder on the taskbar. You wanted a webpage pinned and I suppose it won't work for a webpage.

Did you open the page and try the method by stillgrey?

When the program is open it will be in the taskbar. RIGHT click the taskbar icon. If it says UNPIN, check it. Then close it out, reopen, right click and PIN.

#10 stillgrey

stillgrey

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Make a window.

The 3 buttons on the top right of every windows.  Minimize, restore down/maximize (window), close

I just want you to be able to see the desktop and the lil icon in IE at the same time, so you can drag from IE to the desktop

#11 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

thanks still grey, that worked. after getting it to the desktop, I was then able to right clik & pin to taskbar. thanks again. slo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users