Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Documents Library

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bill_in_Texas

Bill_in_Texas

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

I have had to re-install Win 7 and in the documents library I have folders showing that didn't the first install.  It appears to be various docs from my documents that are duplicated and are duplicated as I add new ones.  I don't care for this and assume there is a setting causing this.  Can someone advise how to remove it?

12223650085_09bf1868a6_o.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

As it states, there are two locations in that folder.  What do you mean by that you reinstalled the OS?  What software did you use?

#3 Bill_in_Texas

Bill_in_Texas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

I understand it states two locations but why.  It wasn't there on the initial installation of Win 7.  Only the individual library folders showed after the initial install of the OS.

I had to re-install Windows 7 after hardware changes. 

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Something happened.  Does it show two installs of Windows 7, when you look at Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management?

Post a screenshot of that screen, showing the partitions you have.

#5 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

Are you talking about removing the Junction point? If so you can and it wont effect anything, or just create a new Junction point. Its about the only thing i dislike about Windows7/8. If you use Documents it is actually different to My Documents.

#6 Bill_in_Texas

Bill_in_Texas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

Greg there aren't two installs. The re-install was a clean install on a brand new hard drive.  Attachment below.

Johnny I'm not sure what you mean by the Junction point.  All of the folders pictured are in addition to what is in my documents folder but are duplicates of what's in there.

12235245286_767fa6f793_b.jpg

#7 Bill_in_Texas

Bill_in_Texas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

The folders appear to be a summary by file type of what is in my documents.  I really don't need or want this in the way.

#8 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Delete the Library, then create a new library.  See http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/581-libraries-restore-default.html

#9 Bill_in_Texas

Bill_in_Texas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

I have tried deleting the library a couple of times but when I create the target folder again, it comes back like this.  I'll check out the link Greg, thanks. 

BTW, the documents library is the only one that does this.

Edited by Bill_in_Texas, 01 February 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#10 Bill_in_Texas

Bill_in_Texas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

The link didn't help Greg but thanks for trying.  May have to try a work around.

#11 Bill_in_Texas

Bill_in_Texas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

I ended up deleting the "Documents" library completely and adding a new library called Bills Docs.  It doesn't include those folders anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users