Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

prim95 like program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MikEH20

MikEH20

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

hello, when i first built my pc i wanted to make sure everything was working correcly so i heard about prim95 and ran it but i was not very convinced that it was achually putting a full load on my CPU and other parts as it did not slow computer down at all.. i would think if the CPU was fully and near fully cunsumed with prim95 wouldnt it be slow?

i was able to play crysis 2 on high and recorde footage with fraps while running prim95 with very minimal lag i only did this once however.. ( also did the break in for the cpu paste )

i was wondering if there are any other good stress test programes out there? or am i not running prim95 correctly?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

You can monitor cpu usage in task manager, you can get to this by using Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then clicking task manager. Prime 95 will use your computer at close to 100% and usually this does make the system slow. After opening prime 95 you have to click a few times to get the test to start. If you see your cpu usage at 100% or close to this, then the test is running correctly.

Edited by zingo156, 30 January 2014 - 10:28 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

Try IntelBurn Test and Furmark.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/intelburntest.html

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/furmark.html

Tekken

#4 MikEH20

MikEH20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

Thanks guys, sorry for the extreamly late responde.. Thanks Jhayz thats what i was looking for..

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

:thumbup2:

Tekken

#6 WhiteZero

WhiteZero

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

Be aware that these burning programs often use instructions that will cause the CPU to heat up far beyond any temperature you'd get during normal usage. IBT especially.

#7 MikEH20

MikEH20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

Good to know i will keep a close eye on temps when i use it thanks whitezero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users