Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 home premium reinstallation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 b0z1c

b0z1c

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

I want to reinstall my windows 7 home premium but when I go to advanced recovery method there is no reinstall windows option. There are 2 options: Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer and Return your computer to factory condition. Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

If it's an OEM (HP, Dell, etc.)...the restore to factory condition option is the only reinstall mechanism provided by the manufacturer...since 2005 or so.  OEMs don't provide the capability to reinstall, other than that of returning the system to same state it was in when purchased.

Louis

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Backup all the things you want to save before doing either one.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users