Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What if a cooling fan is not operating correclty?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Goodfelllow

Goodfelllow

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:22 AM

Hi evetyone, 

I have an Hp Pavilion g6 and from two weeks ago on, while starting,  it  appears the following message: "the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly....".

I've already cleaned it with Air Cleaner but it didn't work...I mean, I don't hear any strange noise ever since I've used the Air Cleaner but I still see the error message...

Please help!

Thx in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

These warnings usually mean the fan is not running at the correct rpm speed (too slowly) or the fan has stopped completely. If you can feel heat blowing out of the exhaust (on the side or back of the computer) then the fan may still be spinning but is not doing the correct rpms. It might be ok idling or for non hardware intensive operation but if you put the computer under a full load, it will likely overheat. Overheating hardware even 1 time can cause permanent damage. It would be my recommendation to have the fan replaced or have the computer taken apart and check for hair or debris stuck in the fan that is causing it to turn slowly or cause it to be completely stuck.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Goodfelllow

Goodfelllow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

Thx a lot, I think I'd better have my pc taken apart asap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users