Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bluelightnin6

bluelightnin6

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

This is my last try for help with this issue.  I'm going to start at the very beginning and I really hope this site can help me out. 

First off, I have a Dell desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium connected to a Brother all in one printer.  I recently purchased a Dell Laptop running Windows 8.1 and am trying to share the home group so I can use the printer on my laptop.  Now, I'm not a beginner at this part so it should only take a few minutes to do this, right?  Well, obviously I have a problem which is preventing the desktop PC from sharing.  Open up printer settings and I try to change share options, I click apply and get an error code stating it's unable to apply changes to the printer.

I'm pretty certain I know why it's preventing sharing but I can't seem to fix it.  The only antivirus software I have on the desktop is McAfee security center with paid subscription.  Easy way around that is to uninstall.  Did that, reboot still can't start BFE or Windows Firewall.  Given error 1068 when trying to start BFE in Services and of course the firewall won't start without BFE. 

I've ran the scan in command prompt, I've scanned for viruses with MULTIPLE programs that were talked about in other forums.  I've ran registry repairs, I've created "everyone" and gave all access to BFE in regedit .  I've done everything I can think of and BFE WILL NOT START.

Can someone please point me to the right direction?  This is a dang headache just to share a home group with my laptop, especially when I don't print THAT much stuff anyway. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Hello, lets look at these services.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
  • Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users