Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i m dating scam?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikeeb101

mikeeb101

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

who else would i ask ? i have been on a few dating sites and i notice girls want my yahoo im info , or for me to text them i'm reluctant as i dont want my computer or my phone at risk am i missing out by not giveing im info or are they wanting info so they can abuse it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,926 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

YES you are missing out. You are missing out on all the Nigerian princesess. . The Russian brides scams. You are also missing out on the Asian marriage scammers. There may be a few genuine women on those sites but but but BE carefull you dont need to give her all your details eg Cell phone number. Try skype for the first few chats then go from there. Genuine women will welcome the caution from you and they will be cautious as well.

IF THEY ASK FOR MONEY no matter how small the ammount cut all comunication with them at once.

They may try the my mother /father/child is sick need money for medical bills or the yes I love you send me money for a airline ticket scam DON'T DO IT. Same applies for any Local women you meet.

DO NOT BE A SUCKER FOR A SOB STORY, A genuine woman who is intrested in you will never ask for money.

NO YOU ARE NOT MISSING OUT.

A word to the wise. Most of those dating sites are a scam that will cost you BIG$$$$ bucks in the end. Try joining a social club, Or start 1 in your area for people in the same boat as you.

Looking at your photo you seem a normal sort of guy prehaps you just need some self confidance, Just remember this every time you approach a woman and she says no you are 1 woman closer to the 1 that says yes. Also women who are impressed by BLING eg money, cars etc are not worth the hassle, You need to ask yourself this, Is she intrested in me OR my 50,000 dollar car nice house/appartment etc.

Well thats my 2 cents worth on this subyect. I wish you all the best.

Ps. Just remember if you do meet somebody be honnest with her, Kinda this is me warts and all LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT BABE lol

Edited by NickAu1, 29 January 2014 - 03:09 PM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

FBI Warns of 'Online Dating Scams' Before Valentine's Day
Online daters, be warned! 1 in 10 profiles are scams, report reveals

How to Spot an Online Dating Scammer
Online, Is Dream Date a Scam?
How to Avoid Online Dating Scams
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 mikeeb101

mikeeb101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

cool thanks guys didnt want to have to come back and clean my system of viruses

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users