Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Access particular websites. Probably a plugin issue, cannot figure out.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kalapadea

Kalapadea

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

Hello there! I've never posted on here, but have read many a fix.

Computer info:

Win 7 Pro SP1

Dell E6430

Symantec Endpoint Protection (work)

PowerBroker EPP (work)

Tons of Dell and Intel Software that I have no idea what it does.

Here's the issue... 

I can't access Kongregate.com.  Yes, I know, it's a flash gaming site, not exactly crucial.  However, when I stopped gaining access to it, I also noticed a bunch of other minor issues started occurring.  I'm not sure "when" the problem started, or what program was updated/installed, and would like some help in determining the root cause. The other issues... If I download _any_ file with chrome, and open the file while chrome is open (like clicking on the download bar to open the file I just downloaded) chrome crashes.  It doesn't always happen, but it does more often than not.  Same thing with Outlook.  Any attachments that I open from within Outlook, crash outlook.  Not everytime, but most times.

I can repost that issue somewhere if desired by mod staff.  I just feel it's related, since it started around the same time.  

The Kong thing, right.  When I try to go to kongregate.com, it will load the borders for the page, then go to a white screen.  This happens in chrome, firefox, and IE.  Opera always crashes when I try to open it, so I gave up. If I leave the white screen open for long enough, 3/5 times it'll eventually load the page, but not the game, and not the chat.  1/5 times it'll load the game, but not the chat.  Chat never loads, I haven't seen the kong chat for probably 6 months, haha.  There are a few random other pages that won't load, but Kong is the only one that I can think of at this moment.

Although most of the symptoms here are web browser related, I feel like the issue is a bit deeper, possibly a file access issue or something.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled each browser, multiple times in different folders.   I have looked through Hijackthis a few times, never spotting any particular out-of-place files.  ComboFix was run on the machine a few weeks ago by our IT Department, it crashed on preparing a log.  I've tried compatibility modes, I've disabled all plugins on all browsers and it still didn't work, even adding them back one-by-one.  I created a new user on the machine, didn't work on that either.   I've used this machine on Thirty different networks in different places with different internet restrictions, hasn't worked.  

The only time is DOES work, is in safe mode.  Somewhere, something is broken in regular windows booting, but I don't know what to do to find it.  

Got any ideas?

- Moderators, sorry if this is the wrong forum, didn't know where to post as it's a browser issue, but likely a windows based fix.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users