Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop is as good as a door stop right now. Virus help please!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Licorne98

Licorne98

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

I have an HP Pavilion, Windows 7 Home premium.  At the time my computer contracted its virus, I was running Norton and was up to date.  Apparently, that didn't matter!  I recognized something was wrong immediately and shut it down.  The Internet does NOT work on my doorstop now, nothing can update, and for some reason my audio doesn't work!  I've tried fixing this on my own and despite my best efforts, I'm not a computer superhero and I'm asking for some superhero help!  Consider this the Bat signal.

Thank YOU in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hello Licorne

Does it boot to the Desktop?
What is your operating system?

For the connection try these...

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
Now check if the internet is working again.

OR

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

If needed : type these one line at a time, press enter after each line. See if it works after each.

netsh interface ipv4 reset
netsh interface ipv6 reset
ipconfig /flushdns

WIN7.. Please Download this file, Click Me
Right-click on winsockfix.bat and click on Run as Administrator.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users