Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Requirements Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldcorpsgunny

oldcorpsgunny

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

I have read reviews about a plug-in offered by Alienskin Software that emulates different types of film for digital photographs and am seriously considering buying it. I have an AMD Turion 64 with 1 GB RAM, WinXP, and would be using the plug-in in conjunction with Photoshop Elements 3.0. However, the system requirements for processor speed says 2.0GHz and my processor is rated at 1.6 GHz. Would this prevent my computer from running the plug-in, or would it just run slowly? If anybody has an answer, please respond.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:19 AM

Are you referring to "Exposure"?
In any case, minimum system requirements usually mean if you meet them, at best it will run slowly.
Some programs check hardware configuration during setup and will not permit installation if system requirements are not met. You simply get a message stating so. Some don't and just let you do the install anyway. Before you fork out any cash only to find it won't install, or it's a real slug, try the free demo first.
As a general rule, if you don't meet the minimum system requirements, it's best to just take a pass and perhaps find something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users