Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Golsearch conduit problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jeasko

jeasko

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

I believe both golsearch and conduit have taken me down

Started with golsearch taking over browser so spent half a day trying to remove it with virus scans etc on my AV then malwarebites etc this then somehow morphed into conduit

After a day of trying it seemed to be gone, now 2 days after this I boot my Netbook up only to get

bootmgr missing
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart

So manage to use xPUD on a USB stick to gain access to PC to remove most important files and there I'm stuck, this is as far as I can go on my own anyone want to help

What's really odd is this is on xp home not windows 7 and I've had the Netbook from new so there has never been an atempt to install another os on this machine my understanding is bootmgr is usually an issue with windows 7 not xp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MissLizz

MissLizz

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:53 AM

You can try:  http://www.malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-golsearch-virus/

For Conduit:  http://www.malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-conduit-apps-search-and-toolbar/

Sorry these are probably too late until your computer gets running again, something I'm unable to help you with, but I know one of our moderators can help you with your main problem.

Edited by MissLizz, 29 January 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#3 jeasko

jeasko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

Misslizz any help is appreciated as this is one PITA problem :-)

Unfortunately though your right it's a little late for me

#4 MissLizz

MissLizz

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:25 AM

Since the "searches" are not your most pressing problem now, you might repost under a different category to get a moderator more familiar with your bootmgr trouble.  I wish you luck.

#5 jeasko

jeasko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:18 AM

Misslizz tje bootmgr so I understand it is a result of removing these malware progrs so not sure where I should ask for help really

#6 jeasko

jeasko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

Ok have got sick PC up and running by copying the 2 files NTLDR and ntdetect.com back to my c drive so guessing I just need to scan etc my sick PC or should I use a specific program to sort this

#7 MissLizz

MissLizz

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

As said in Post #2, you need a moderator to help you with your main problem.  You have a post going here and another in Windows XP  where Anshad Edavana is advising you.  I would suggest you  stay there where your latest problem began.

#8 jeasko

jeasko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Misslizz thanks for the advice I'll stay with the xp forum for further advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users