Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no bluetooth for Acer 3830TG?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lychee203

lychee203

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

sorry. can a moderator delete this thread? i was able to solve it on my own.

Edited by lychee203, 29 January 2014 - 12:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

:idea: Can you post your solution so others can learn from your experience?  :thumbup2:

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 lychee203

lychee203
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Sure.  I have an Acer Aspire Timeline X 3830TG.  For whatever reason the model didn't come with the appropriate bluetooth drivers installed.  I went and found them on the manufacturer's site (don't get it from other sites as I tried to install a newer version from another site that forced me to system restore).  When I rebooted I still didn't notice a bluetooth device so I Fn+F3 and then finally the bluetooth device was recognized.  Some other help sites will state that there will be some window that appears that will allow you to manually select whether to turn on/off bluetooth.  This is false.  Fn+F3 is more or less of an on/off switch for wireless/bluetooth altogether.

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

It is not false.  Not every computer uses Fn F3 for Bluetooth.  Also not every computer has Bluetooth installed out of the factory.  Take for instance the fact, that I changed the Realtek Wifi mini-Card in my Toshiba, to a Intel 7260-Dual Band Wireless-AC with Bluetooth.  There is no way to use Bluetooth with it.  I only got the new card, so that I am ready for Wireless-AC, when the Access Points come down in price (do not use routers with built in wifi in my house, just access points in three parts of the house).

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

Thank you Lychee203  :busy:

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +