Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Won't Open With Homepage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

Lapton with Windows 8. Although I have selected my homepage, my laptop opens with the last thing in the browser. I have checked Internet Options and the box is checked that says start with homepage.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

What browser is this?  What Operating System are you using?  If it is Internet Explorer, check the General Tab in Internet Options, in the Control Panel, to make sure that it is not checked to start in last session.  If another browser, see this info for further help.  http://www.howtogeek.com/120185/always-open-tabs-from-your-last-browsing-session-in-firefox-chrome-opera-safari-and-ie/

#3 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

I do believe that I said both, that the O/S is windows 8 and I did check that area of under the general tab of Internet options. I did not mention that the browser is IE. Thank you for information on the website, I will try it.,

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

No problem repeating the info.  There is also a registry entry for fixing it.  I would have to try and dig through some searches.  Seven Forums seems to be the best with a lot of good info.  Also can try the Tweak UI tool from thewindowsclub.com website.  It is kind of finicky with 8, due to they have not gotten it to work with IE properly.

All I ever use is Google Chrome, since it is multi-platform capable.  That means that whatever I do on my Google Nexus 7 tablet or wife's iPad, or my iPhone, I can pull the page up on either the laptop or tablet.

This is the key you need to look for in the Registry:  [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

“Start Page”=

Info from the sister site of Seven forums (eightforums), with a registry fix:  http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/25220-internet-explorer-startup-last-session-home-page.html

Microsoft Fix-It solutions:  http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users