Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech M570 trackball mouse question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kelkay

kelkay

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

I got one of these today in the mail.  I got it on a big sale.  It seems to be performing well.  My question is about the power.  I saw a You Tube video that said this mouse can go to sleep, to save power.  I see nothing on the Logitech site about this.  Does anyone know?  I don't expect my battery to last for 18 months, because I use my computer more than a lot of people do.  I was using a Microsoft wireless mouse, but it started acting up.  (it was for laptop use anyway)  The thumb ball takes a little getting used to.  I have an old Logitech wired trackball, I used the heck out of it, but it doesn't work good anymore.  I cleaned both the old Logitech, and the newer Microsoft mouse, but neither performed right anymore.  So, I decided to get this new trackball by Logitech.  I don't want to wear out the battery more than necessary.  So if this does sleep, it would be awesome.  Please drop a line about it, if you know about this. :bubbles:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

They have sleep built in automatically, I have a logitech for my desktop, laptop and work computers, they all after around 5 minutes of inactivity will go into sort of a "sleep" mode where they wont move the cursor right away as I move the mouse.

My desktop mouse is 2 years old and has a charging station that I have to use once every couple weeks, thats basically irellevant though since its different than yours.

My laptop mouse is about 4 years old and I have had to replace the batteries twice, thats it, twice, and for a while it was the only mouse I used (admittedly over 6-8 hours a day of use at home as well as 3-4 at school) now not as much since I have a mouse for my PC.

I would say don't worry about it that much, but if you are worried just shut it off when you go to bed, or are done with the computer for a while, all logitech mice I know of will shut off, either with a switch or a power button that you have to hold for a minute to get it to turn off completely.

#3 kelkay

kelkay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Thank you for your thoughts.  I appreciate it. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users