Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Internet does not work HELP! Pictures included.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ram036

Ram036

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

I need help trying to get my Internet working on my Toshiba laptop. I uninstalled some programs on my laptop and now my Internet is not working. I restored my laptop to yesterday because it was working yesterday but its still not working.

Once connected I get an error saying "run time" error. Please help me figure out why it's not working.

Thanks,
Trey

Attached Files

Edited by Ram036, 28 January 2014 - 04:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Instead of using your camera phone, use the Snippit tool that is built into Windows 7 & 8.x.  As for third picture, I am guessing that it is Motorola hotspot software that is the issue.  Your wireless adapter is not the issue, it is the software that you loaded on your computer, that is the issue.  Post the model# of your Toshiba.

Also are you trying to connect to a wireless router, wireless Access Point, or a Hot Spot in or outside of your home.  If you loaded any kind of software that came with the product, uninstall it, and any third party Internet Security/Firewall software and you will most likely find your issue disappear.

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

You have WAY bigger problems than your internet connection........your world is upside down OMG!  :tophat:

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 Ram036

Ram036
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305 model. With windows Vista. And I have a wireless router that works great on my phone and ipad but is not working on my laptop.

Regards

#5 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Here is the WIFI page for Toshiba.

Could you provide a list of the apps you removed?

#6 Ram036

Ram036
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

I could not post the picture in a new reply, so I added two pictures of all the programs I currently have in my first post.

Thanks for all the help.

#7 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

I see what you currently have, but I want to know what apps your removed.

#8 Ram036

Ram036
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

I restored my laptop so it has all the original apps back. But the Internet won't fully connect. And i am not sure why.

#9 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

If you have uninstalled apps, restoring won't reinstall them. Anything that is deleted is deleted for good.

#10 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

Seeing that you have a Realtek driver, you might need to open your Network properties and make sure your Wifi is running off the correct driver.

#11 Ram036

Ram036
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

I just checked and it is running off of realtek.

#12 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

You could try uninstalling the driver (through Device Manager) and letting Windows pick the driver it prefers.

#13 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

If you have uninstalled apps, restoring won't reinstall them. Anything that is deleted is deleted for good.

Actually not.  Toshiba includes an App installer with their OEM installs, unless he uninstalled that.  Only thing he can do at this time, is save any documents, pictures, music, videos on a USB Pocket Drive or DVD, and do a complete reinstall if they deleted at whim a lot of needed software.

Of course, reinstalling the driver from support.toshiba.com may work for them.

Edited by Greg62702, 28 January 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#14 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Actually not.  Toshiba includes an App installer with their OEM installs, unless he uninstalled that.  Only thing he can do at this time, is save any documents, pictures, music, videos on a USB Pocket Drive or DVD, and do a complete reinstall if they deleted at whim a lot of needed software.

Of course, reinstalling the driver from support.toshiba.com may work for them.

Yes, there are some exceptions. My guess is that he uninstalled a networking-based app, such as AOL Desktop or Bearshare, and his Wifi needs to be re-setup.

I noticed that Realtek Wireless LAN and Wifi Protected Setup is installed, as well as Verizon Wireless. Too many different Wifi apps/drivers could cause conflicts.

#15 Ram036

Ram036
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Actually not.  Toshiba includes an App installer with their OEM installs, unless he deleted that.  Only thing he can do at this time, is save any documents, pictures, music, videos on a USB Pocket Drive or DVD, and do a complete reinstall if they deleted at whim a lot of needed software.

Of course, reinstalling the driver from support.toshiba.com may work for them.[/quote]

Do I download the driver from support.toshiba.com to a flash drive then install on the laptop?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users