Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plug n Play terminated / DCOM Server Failure

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ImmortalProd1gy

ImmortalProd1gy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Hello all, I recently built this computer with a friend. By I, I mean he built it. He said it was a pretty good build, put windows 7 32 bit? I think, and while doing all this it said Fatal Error. He said it would be fine and not to worry. I am trying to play league of legends and my computer will shut off randomly. It says Plug n Play terminated, sometimes it says DCOM Server failure, other times it just shuts off. I know nothing about my computer or what to do in this situation. Can someone help me? I downloaded Malware it it removed some stuff but the issue is still occurring. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 71619997a

71619997a

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

I have had this issue, and it turned out to be a virus. Try going to the http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/ forum and see if they can resolve your issue. 

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Double click on the download and choose to run the program.

A screen similar to the one below will open, click any key to run the program.

securitycheck_zpscfb86945.png

When the scan is finished you will have a log similar to the one below, copy and then paste your log in your next post.

securitylog_zps5e004078.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

Try a sfc /scannow in a Command Window as Adminstrator.  This is common for Windows 7 to do a DCom failure on certain hardware.  Speccy is not going to show you anything of what is causing it.  See the following for further information on your problem.  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/2f347a0d-f5e2-490c-8c82-c15864ce17c7/permission-error-when-trying-to-access-com-applications-under-component-services?forum=w7itprogeneral

Com+ Event System & Dcom Process Server Launcher in Services.msc should be set for Automatic.  Com+ System Application should be set for Manual.  Dcom also relies on BITS, so that should be set for Automatic, same for Local Session Manager should be set for Automatic.

Both of these depend on RPC, which should be set for Automatic also.  Usually if Dcom stops working, that is because RPC failed to start properly.  Speccy is never going to tell you that, due to it is meant for advanced IT diagnostics.

Edited by Greg62702, 28 January 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Speccy is not going to show you anything of what is causing it.

The request was not made for your benefit.  We are all aware of your opinion of Speccy and MiniToolBox.  These programs are used widely here at Bleeping Computer.  Not just by those posting in the Windows forum, but in the Security forums as well.   

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

Speccy is not going to show you anything of what is causing it.

The request was not made for your benefit.  We are all aware of your opinion of Speccy and MiniToolBox.  These programs are used widely here at Bleeping Computer.  Not just by those posting in the Windows forum, but in the Security forums as well.   

Speccy & Minitoolbox do nothing in this OP problem.  They are being used for more for the curiosity of others, not what they were intended for.  The OP needs to follow proper procedure, then using some random tools that will not do nothing to tell them why.  Dcom & Com+ are common issues with Windows 7 and if you did the search, just like I did, you will see how to resolve this problem.

Speccy & Minitoolbox will not fix it.

#7 ImmortalProd1gy

ImmortalProd1gy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Can you be more specific of how to scan my computer. I typed in the SVC and scannow into the start menu and nothing came up. 

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Sart orb startorb_zps06e1f985.png and type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and choose Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

A page similar to the one below will open.

commandprompt_zps212bc71a.png

Copy and then paste sfc /scannow in the command prompt, then press Enter to start the scan.  If you type in the command, please notice the space between sfc and the /scannow.

If the scan finds no integrity  problems in the first portion of the scan it should stop, to be sure that the scan has stopped wait five minutes, then type in exit and press Enter to stop the scan.

#9 ImmortalProd1gy

ImmortalProd1gy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

The response in this window after 4% was "window resource protection could not perform the requested operation" C:/windows/system32>

#10 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Now go ahead and run minitoolbox and post the results.  I would post them as an attached text file, to keep from having a long post.

Also try running a chkdsk /F and see if it shows anything.  You can run Chkdsk, right clicking on the C: drive, then click on Properties.  When the window comes up, click on Tools tab, then choose "Error Checking" and check both boxes, reboot and post what the results are from that.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,274 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

I would post them as an attached text file, to keep from having a long post.

IMO, the length of a post is not a consideration and any requested logs should be pasted into the post, making it much easier for all members reading a given topic...to see all pertinent data easily.  Members often seem to overlook attachments when such are included within a topic.

Louis

#12 ImmortalProd1gy

ImmortalProd1gy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Super busy with school, will post tomorrow night when i have time to follow directions properly. 
Thank you to all assisting me. 

#13 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

I would post them as an attached text file, to keep from having a long post.

IMO, the length of a post is not a consideration and any requested logs should be pasted into the post, making it much easier for all members reading a given topic...to see all pertinent data easily.  Members often seem to overlook attachments when such are included within a topic.

Louis

A lot like myself do not look at the logs when they are posted in a thread, because it garbage's it up.  Easier to download the log and go through it offiline, then trying to look through it online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users