Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unlinking EA account to gamertag

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 71619997a

71619997a

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hi, 

On my Xbox 360, I first played FIFA 13 on my gamertag that did have Xbox Live Gold. This was a one-time thing, so I made an account and then completely forgot about it. I forgot all the passwords, and there is no way to recover it. It didn't really matter anyways; that account had nothing on it.

But when I bought FIFA 14, I couldn't play on my Gold account because I forgot the password, so I played it for a while on another gamertag. I got some stuff before I realized I couldn't play online without Gold.

So my question is this: How can I unlink accounts from gamertags, if I don't know the password?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Maark

Maark

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

I don't know if you still need the answer but I recently had this problem with my Xbox one. I tried contacting the EA staff which got back to be when I was in bed I have figured out how to do it.
1. Download the origin launcher onto your computer
2. Log in with th account you want linked or create a new account
3. Click "Find Frineds"
4. For me a window popped up asking me if I wanted to see if my "console friends" are on origin and it allowed me sign into my Microsoft account (gamertage)
5. Click into my account and scroll down to linked accounts tout gamertag should be there
6. Restart you Xbox and it will be now linked to your two origin accounts. Mine was at least

I'd say this will work for ps4 as there was a link for that two. Get back to me if you have any trouble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users