Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mustek scanner 64bit driver needed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 muggo

muggo

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

My Mustek Bearpaw 2448TA Plus scanner won't work under Win 7 64bit as the driver won't support 64bit.

I've tried various Windows compatibility settings but no joy.

There are some generic driver sites out there that promise a fix but I'm wary I'll download stuff I don't need (background driver update apps etc) & still have no solution.

It's really annoying when manufacturers can't be bothered to keep their drivers updated.  I've had similar issues with USB games steering wheels in the past.

I'm not inclined to throw this perfectly good scanner away so can anyone suggest a solution please?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

Mustek support site lists vista 64 bit so it may work for you. Good luck

http://www.mustek.com.tw/html/prod_scan/BearPawVIP/Bp2448TAPlus/specification.html

Driver download button at right of page. This will take you to the support page button.

Here is a ftp link to the bearpaw 2446taplus vista 32bit/64bit drivers. This driver is smaller than the one on the web page which is 74.3MB. The 74.3MB driver also has a later date.

ftp://ftp.mustek.com.tw/pub/driver/BearPaw/2448%20TA%20Plus/Vista32-64/

#3 muggo

muggo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

Mustek support site lists vista 64 bit so it may work for you. Good luck

http://www.mustek.com.tw/html/prod_scan/BearPawVIP/Bp2448TAPlus/specification.html

Driver download button at right of page. This will take you to the support page button.

Here is a ftp link to the bearpaw 2446taplus vista 32bit/64bit drivers. This driver is smaller than the one on the web page which is 74.3MB. The 74.3MB driver also has a later date.

ftp://ftp.mustek.com.tw/pub/driver/BearPaw/2448%20TA%20Plus/Vista32-64/

Thanks for your help John but the suggestion didn't work.

I'm still looking for a solution.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Have you tried installing the driver using compatibility mode?

#5 muggo

muggo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

Have you tried installing the driver using compatibility mode?

Yes, I have tried that several times John.  I get the small icon on the taskbar that controls the scanner, I get an audible signal when I plug it in but Control Panel says I need to Troubleshoot the device & the issue is there's no driver installed.  I tried the Vista 64 bit driver several times but it seems not to have loaded.  Shame on Mustek for not spending a few minutes bringing their legacy drivers into the modern world.

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,070 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

You could give this a shot, I got a very much needed driver.  Read the link carefully there is junk ware that you must watch for but can be avoided!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523550/driver-update-program/

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users