Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nic "disabling" at win7 startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wooberhead

wooberhead

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

i get a light for the nic at boot, but as soon as win7 starts it shuts off and i have no wireless. the card shows up in the device manager, i was able to reinstall the driver, and still nothing. wireless was working less than 2 hrs ago.

alienware m11x r2
dw1520 wireless half-mini
win7 64 bit

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

You are not alone http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19347574.aspx  This one that I linked was a possible Bios issue.  It uses the Broadcom chipset, so it should be rock solid and not having this issue.  It is either going to be the bios or it is going to be a child process that is causing this.  Both are hard to diagnose.

If Dell does not blacklist cards in the bios for that unit, you could try replacing it with the Intel 7260 Dual-band Wireless-ac mini-PCIe Card.

Edited by Greg62702, 28 January 2014 - 08:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users