Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem installing java

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lacey4

lacey4

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

I been having this problem since I tried to  install java 7.15 , so been a long time ago . 1st java 7 do not work right in my computer thats an acer extensa 5620 running Vista sp 2, I had no problems with java 6.45 ( last update of java 6) plus the site where Im must often work better with java 6.45 than with java 7

my problem started when I deleted the java 7 .15 to try to reinstall java 6.45 ( i do have the offline instalation file for java 6.45) but when I try to install it  I got a box saying " this software has already been installed on your computer . would you like to reinstall it?" I press on yes and next box open saying "windows installer, this action is only valid for products that are currently installed " Im using java 6.43 now but will like to get back to java 6.45

Note :  I do not want to install java 7 or any of its updates since as said before it do not work right on my computer

any help will be apreciate

ty

Lacey :) :lmao: Attached File  java 2nd pic.JPG   17.2KB   0 downloadsAttached File  java 3rd pic.JPG   17.75KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,370 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Try the Java Uninstall Tool.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 lacey4

lacey4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

ty for responding to my java issue , have to say that I had tried the java uninstall tool way back when my problem started

and that was when java 7.15 update , but I didwent again and tried to use the  java uninstall tool again , Problem is that I get  response saying my java version 6.43 need to be updated to java 7.51 before using this tool.  so  no luck in that , I will not update to any java 7 updates since as said before java 7 do not work well on my system and thats how I lost my java 6.45 version and not been able to installed again , I just want to be able to install my java 6.45 again.

ty for any help and sujestions anyone can give me , been months I been trying to fix this problem. I also did a windows forum sujestion , that sent me to window fix  so that I could uninstall java  but it was no help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users